Job Advert:- Office Cleaner
The Amy Foundation is currently recruiting for a full time and experienced housekeeper from Monday to Friday and upon request Saturdays however excluding Public holidays.
Job Description and duties
- To ensure all offices and rooms on the property of the Amy foundation are being kept clean, neat and tidy, by vacuuming/sweeping.
- General cleaning and maintenance (sweeping, scrubbing, refuse removal, dusting, mopping polishing, cleaning of windows and walls) of all areas.
- Effective and efficient utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of neatness in the facility.
- To ensure the office kitchen is being kept clean at all times on a daily basis by emptying and cleaning trash containers, mop the floor and wash the dishes.
- To ensure all trash has been disposed of in a clean manner.
- To ensure cleaning of office windows, basins, mirrors, Bathrooms and all toilets are done timeously and on a regular basis.
- To maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and clean working condition.
- Ensure all furniture and fittings are dusted and polished on a weekly basis
- Ensure the outside store room opened on a daily basis.
- Ensure the outside Classroom block rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4 are cleaned and kept neat and tidy.
- Ensure laundry is done when required (washing an ironing).
- Prepare tea and coffee when required for guests.
- To ensure all duties and instructions are followed as set by your Manager.
- Matric or Grade 10
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and at least one other South African language will be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and easily flexible
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse, waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
Hours of Work
- Monday- Thursday- 08:30am – 17:00pm
- Friday – 08:30- 14:30pm
Commencement of position
As soon as possible.
Please be advised interviews will commerce as from 23rd – 30h April 2018 , closing date for all applications for submission is on 27thof April 2018. No late, faxed or emailed
applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly email, fax or submit the following relevant documents attached to your application.
- Updated and detailed CV with all previous employers, achievements and qualifications(Full details of contactable references)
- Copy of ID , matric certificate or highest grade passed and updated cv.
- Please be advised, all relevant information needs to be stipulated within your cv (i.e. company, length of service, duties, reason for leaving and contactable references.
- Please be advised to consider your application unsuccessful after 2 weeks of submission.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Candidate Application
All applicants will be called for an interview once being shortlisted for the position.