Job Advert:- Logistic Co-ordinator
The Amy Foundation has an exciting job opportunity for a well organized, flexible and IT savie individual to fill the logistic co-ordinator post. We are currently recruiting for a full time and experienced logistic co-ordinator to work from Monday to Saturday, and when required Sunday and public holidays as well.
Job Description and duties
Providing daily ongoing operational support to staff to ensure our many programmes run smoothly.
Allocation of vehicles and tasks to two full-time drivers as well as to other programme staff.
Creating and managing the organization’s overall logistics schedule by Completing daily and Weekly Schedule Login Book.
Ensure Vehicle Sign In/Out is up to date and accurate by Checking in Vehicle Sign/In-Out Log Book.
Monitor C Track for each equipped vehicle by Submitting via email any irregular activity seen on C track.
Check fuel levels, cleanliness & general state of vehicles by Ensuring the completion and filing of daily Vehicle Checklist.
Correspond/Communicate on all matters re transport.
Receiving, evaluating and collating all transport requests and transport needs of the organization are met by Ensuring all relevant staff, learners, volunteers, and visitors are accommodated properly.
Ensure bread is collected or purchased each day and that the correct quantities are allocated to each centre.
Organizing and managing all traffic fines, vehicle licensing and related administration.
Receive fines, designate who incurred them, submit cheque requisition and ensure paid with Afiefa (Ensure traffic fines are received, designated and paid).
Ensure all vehicles licensing and service are up to date.
Ensuring entire company fleet of six vehicles is well-maintained, insured and serviced regularly.
Ensure all receipts are collected timeously, fuel use is closely monitored and irregularities are noted and dealt with Manage and complete weekly plan each Friday in a weekly log book.
Submit a bi-weekly Logistics Report.
Ensure all vehicle mileage are noted on the 1st of each month and email reeds the mileage level and Keep track of and note vehicle mileages.
Manage fuel account at Duma Service Station by Checking fuel slips against account statement and cheque requisition is submitted to ensure the account is settled by the 7th of each month.
Liaising directly with service providers, programme partners, and others on communications related to logistics and transport for the entire organization.
Scheduling, planning and organising all administration and logistics as related to incoming tours and visitors to the organization, liaising with and delegating directly to the drivers who are also touring guides.
Enforcing the programme staff’s time management to ensure the logistics schedule is maintained.
Enforcing logistics rules and policies to ensure there is no misuse or abuse of company vehicles.
Ensuring quality asset management of company vehicles as well as programme assets, including all programme materials and equipment which are distributed across our five afterschool centres.
Ensure all relevant staff, learners, volunteers, and visitors are accommodated properly.
Manage tour guide scheduling.
- Must have Matric
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
- Valid Driver license
- Strong IT Background(Candidate needs to be IT savie)
- Quality management principles(well organised filing system)
- Microsoft word and excel-procificey.
- Ability to analysis Data in excel.
- Intermediate report writing (Weekly and quarterly reports)
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and at least one other South African language will be advantageous
- Competencies and soft skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and easily flexible
- Well organised and attention to detail.
- Oversee inventory and goods.
- Understanding how to draft a budget.
Hours of Work
- Monday -Saturday
- Sunday, over time and public holidays when required as per the company needs.
Commencement of position
Please be advised interviews will commence as from 23rd – 30h April 2018, closing date for all applications for submission is on 27thof April 2018. No
late, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly email, fax or submit the following relevant documents attached to your application.
- Updated and detailed CV with all previous employers, achievements, and qualifications (Full details of contactable references.
- Copy of ID, matric certificate, and updated cv.
- Please be advised, all relevant information needs to be stipulated within your cv (i.e. company, length of service, duties, the reason for leaving and contactable references.
- Please be advised to consider your application unsuccessful after 2 weeks of submission.
- Email address: email@example.com
Kindly download the application form Candidate Application
All applicants will be called for an interview once being shortlisted for the position.