The Literacy Programme supports the advancement of literacy levels among pre-school and primary school students. It includes the Foundation Phase for grades R-3 and the Intermediate Phase for grades 4-7. The programme runs in four different school centers from 15h30 to 17h00 every week Monday through Thursday after school. These programmes aim to develop a culture and love for reading by:
- Supplementing the National English curriculum in a fun and interactive ways to strengthen the English writing, reading, and speaking skills.
- Running weekly reading clubs at the after-school centers. Inviting guest readers to read to our learners and to engage them in conversations surrounding the monthly theme.
- Arranging educational outings.
- Running a morning literacy programme that supports English teachers in the classroom.
- Training our facilitators to utilize word games, writing exercises, role play, and paired and shared reading to encourage practical use of the English language.
To volunteer as guest a reader please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org