Centre coordinator Required
An exciting yet dynamic job opportunity has become available within the programmes department at Bongolethu, Philippi, Cape Town.
The Amy Foundation is a non-profit organisation (NGO) that offers various programmes to develop and empower learners and youth, ages 5-35, reaching over 2000 youth everyday living in challenged and vulnerable communities within the Western Cape. Our centres strives to have a very positive impact on the youth as well as the communities and society in which they live.
We are recruiting for experienced, well-organized, attention to detail and driven individual to occupy the Centre Coordinator position within a dynamic working environment. The centre co-ordinator will report directly to the Programmes Manager.
Specific duties and responsibility includes, but not limited to; Key Performance Areas
- Ensure weekly meeting with facilitators are conducted.
- Ensure monthly reports are submitted timeously.
- Ensure all learner registration and attendance registers are collated and collected from all facilitators.
- Distribute and ensure monthly attendance register for all Facilitators and learners are completed and submitted adequately.
- Assess lesson plans and reports weekly.
- Ensure meetings are held with HOD and principal of the school once a week.
- Centre co-ordinator will oversee and be responsible for the operations of the programme by ensuring all programmes are managed and run smoothly.
- Collate, assess, monitor and provide feedback of facilitators lesson plans and reports.
- Ensure all lesson plans are in aligned with curriculums of various programmes.
- Ensure on going assessments are conducted by identifying the needs and abilities of the centre.
- Organize and coordinate special events related to the programme.
- Ensure work load are distributed and Coordinated to all facilitators by supporting and building team spirit for the progression and success of the centre.
- On-going and constant communication are conducted to all facilitators, relevant community organizations and government departments to achieve the objectives and goals of the programme.
- Booking educational outing for learners.
- Ensure all booking of transport are well co-ordinated with the logistic department.
- Holiday Programme planning to be submitted to the Programme manager for approval.
- Oversee volunteers assigned to the afterschool Programmes.
- Ensuring necessary resources are acquired for the development of the programme.
- Ensure all facilitators have the necessary material required to conduct lessons.
- Ensure a strategic plan is in place by implementing and focusing on short and medium term goals.
- Attend weekly staff meetings by providing comprehensive feedback and submission of reports.
- To ensure a good relationship and communication is maintaining with teachers and schools.
- Minimum Grade 12 / Matric Certificate-Essential
- Clear Criminal record- Essential
- Must have a valid Driver’s License- Essential
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within a similar position in the NGO space- Essential
- Managing 4-6 employees staff development, performance and recruitment.
- Escalate to HR department when required.
- To oversee and implement new and improved programmes.
- Well organised filing system
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and power point- Essential
- Intermediate report writing (Weekly and quarterly reports)
- Willing to work over time when required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, Xhosa-Essential
Amy Foundation is committed to transformation and meeting objectives of the Employment Equity Act. The Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment decision process.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organised and attention to detail.
- Dependent on experience.
Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday
- Saturday and Sunday, over time and public holidays when required as per the company needs.
Commencement of position
- As soonest
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and may be required to undergo competency based assessments.
Applications which does not comply with the above minimum requirements shall not be considered.
Kindly email the following relevant documentation indicated below.
- Letter of Motivation (Essential)
- Updated and detailed CV with all previous employers, achievements and qualifications (Full details of contactable references) (Essential)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received a reply after two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.