Vancancy: PR, Event and Marketing Assistant
An exciting yet dynamic position has become available within our PR, Events and Marketing department at the Amy Foundation in Sybrand Park, Athlone, Cape Town.
The Amy Foundation is a non-profit organisation (NGO) that offers various programmes to develop and empower youth, ages 5-35, reaching over 500 youth everyday living in challenged and vulnerable communities within the Western Cape. Our centres strives to have a very positive impact on the youth as well as the communities and society in which they live.
We are currently recruiting for a full time, experienced, vibrant, well-organised, proactive, adaptable, pragmatic, solution driven and attention to detail individual to occupy the PR, Events and Marketing Assistant position within a fast pace and dynamic working environment. The PR, Events and Marketing Assistant will report directly to the PR, Events and Fundraising Manager.
Specific duties and responsibility includes, but not limited to; Key Performance Areas
RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE
- Cultivate and maintain relationship partners.
- Identify and recommend potential partners.
- To continually be on the lookout for potential partners.
- To develop, organize and coordinate fundraising events like annual Golf days, Gala Dinner’s and Cape Town Cycle Tour.
- Successfully implement agreed number of events each year.
- Coordinate the involvement of various staff members in staging different events.
- Successfully source appropriate resources for staging events.
- To ensure all deadlines are met and ensuring high standards of work are being submitted.
- Control and monitor stock and sale of Relate Bracelets, Amy’s Wine and Amy’s keyring doll.
- Be the liaison and service provider for events and marketing for various departments.
PR AND MARKETING
- Maintain the Foundation’s online presence through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Amy website ( www.amyfoundation.co.za ) (experience in WordPress an advantage).
- Ensure that online content is up to date.
- Source appropriate material both internally and externally.
- Ensure that the organization is projected appropriately at all public events.
- Develop and ensure the distribution of appropriate marketing materials; brochures, flyers, presentations etc.
- Arrange and coordinate in store promotions for the MySchool MyVillage card and track each campaign offering writing reporting after each promotion.
- Explore and grow partnerships for hotels, universities and identify growth opportunities.
- Attend events and meetings as and when required.
- Ensure all report writing are completed and submitted timeously.
- To compile and present regular reports by collecting and collating relevant data.
- To give regular written and verbal update to supervisor and managers.
MONITORING & EVALUATION
- To monitor traffic on the Foundation’s website.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing tools and materials.
- Monitor public brand awareness.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have Grade 12 / Matric Certificate (Essential)
- Clear Criminal record (Essential)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (Essential)
- Must have 2-3 year’s PR, Event and Fundraising experience or within a similar position (Essential)
- PR, Event or Marketing (Diploma) (Essential)
- Proficient in MS Office-Microsoft word, excel and power point. (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English (Essential)
COMPETENCIES SKILLS AND SOFT SKILLS
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and adaptable
- Well organised, attention to detail and able to multi task
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with organisations, stakeholders, staff and visitors
- Experience in managing websites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), Events and Marketing. (Essential)
- Dependent on experience
- Provident Fund (After 3 months of employment)
- Monday- Thursday- 09:00- 17:30
- Friday – 09:00- 15:00
- Saturday, Sunday and public holiday if and when required.
COMMENCEMENT OF POSITION
- As soon as possible.
Amy Foundation is committed to transformation and meeting objectives of the Employment Equity Act. The Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment decision process.
Closing date for all applications is on 7 February 2020, by 15:00pm. Late application will not be accepted or considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and may be required to undergo competency based assessments.
Applications which does not comply with the above minimum requirements shall not be considered.
Kindly email or submit by hand the following relevant documentation indicated below with your application form.
- Letter of Motivation (Essential)
- Updated and detailed CV with all previous employers, achievements and qualifications (Full details of contactable references) (Essential)
Email address: email@example.com
If you have not received a reply after two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.