Want to experience vibrant township life and gain an insider’s perspective to the Amy Foundation?
Tours are available Monday to Thursday only.
* PLEASE NOTE * Unfortunately no tours are available in December and January over the Festive Period.
Half Day Tour
- This personalized township tour starts from the Amy Foundation office where guests hear about the Amy Biehl story, the Truth & Reconciliation Commission, apartheid, and more. After a preview of the foundation’s work, you will be transported to the townships as your guide will take you through the colourful streets and informal settlements, passing the Amy Biehl Memorial site in Gugulethu, and finishing at our after school programmes where you can experience and interact with the children and their teachers participating in various activities. Mondays – Thursdays. Transport can be arranged at an extra cost.
- Price: R400 per person (excluding lunch)
Full Day Tour
- If you would like to expand your tour to see our programmes in action at multiple schools, volunteer with our greening initiative, or simply see more township life, your tour can be expanded. Mondays – Thursday. Transport can be arranged at an extra cost.
- Price: R600 per person (excluding lunch)
Lunch Only at Amy’s Bistro
- If you would like to just have a wondrous 3 course meal at our Amy’s Bistro that is fully staffed by our Youth Skills Development learners – then this is a great tour of our newest facility PLUS a fantastic lunch!
- Minimum of eight (8) guests required. Water and fruit juice provided. Soft drinks, wine and any other drinks are excluded and for your own account.
- Price: R350 per person
Each attendee receives an Amy Foundation bracelet or Amy’s doll as a gift.
We can do private tours on a Friday at an extra cost.
Other things to do in Cape Town
Cultural Tour Experiences
Thank you for your help yesterday. We had the most amazing visit with Liezel and the team at the Mimosa school. We enjoyed the dance class so much and were impressed by the kitchen and the garden. Liezel was a terrific guide and so was all the team. I have tried to post a comment on the Amy Foundation and tag photos, hope it worked…
Please thanks, Xolile for all his help, and thank you again to Liezel!
Book a tour today
All Covid 19 protocols and guidelines are followed for your and our health and safety.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the tour: 25% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 7 days prior to the tour: 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 3 days prior to the tour: 75% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 1 days prior to the tour: 100% cancellation fee