Assistant Project Manager
An exciting job opportunity has become available at the Amy Foundation in Sybrand Park, Athlone, Cape Town.
We are recruiting for a full time, experienced, vibrant, well-organised, proactive, solution-driven and attention to detail individual, who is passionate about developing people, to occupy the Assistant Project Manager – Youth Skills Development programme position within a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
The Amy Foundation is an NGO and runs a skills development programme for school-leavers and unemployed Youth. The Successful candidate will report directly to the Project Manager and will work closely with the programme coordinators, facilitators & learners, as well as Development partners.
The scope of the job includes but is not limited to:
- Helping to drive and grow a successful outcomes-based youth skills development programme.
- Overseeing daily programme operations and supporting programme Co-ordinators/facilitators & small Admin team
- Maintaining and measuring programme outcomes against KRA’s
- Learner development
- Report writing: show-casing success stories, compiling funders’ reports, providing content for social media and marketing platforms, compiling e-newsletters
- Maintaining relationships with existing Development partners and acquiring new ones
- Attending to correspondence
- Minimum matric, with an excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong leadership & managerial skills with a proven track record
- Must be a people’s person with excellent administrative skills and ability to organise
- Tech-savvy with strong Computer literacy skills (MSOffice suite including Outlook, Excel, Power-point) and ability to use e-marketing platforms
- Must be business-minded, forward-thinking and solutions-driven
- Driver’s licence essential
The following will be an advantage
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: Youth Development / Community Development/ Enterprise Development/ Training & Development/ People Development / HR experience/ some marketing experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
We are looking for a mature individual, with the following attributes:
- Must be a self-starter, with excellent work-ethic, innovative & creative, reliable, energetic, enthusiastic, dedicated, committed & flexible, with an ability to manage people and your time.
- Strong leadership, managerial, administrative and organisational skills
- Must be a people’s person with a passion for developing people
- Must be confident and at ease dealing with Management, Staff, Learners & Development partners alike
Hours of Work
Monday – Thursday: 08:30 – 17:00
Friday: 08:30 – 15:00
Some flexibility around office hours could be considered for the right individual.
Commencement of position
Could suit an individual looking for a ‘2nd career’ post-Corporate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you have not been contacted 2 weeks after closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please email, fax or submit by hand the following:
- Updated and detailed CV with all previous employers, achievements and qualifications.
- Brief letter of motivation (in a cover email)
- Full details of 2 contactable references.
- Certified copy of ID and matric certificate.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax number 086 5110 723
Closing date for all applications is 19th of April 2019, 17:00 Late applications will not be accepted.